WTD Episode 12: Founding ideas behind Write the Docs
- Recorded Dec 13, 2017
- Length: 1:02:18
- Download MP3
Here are some of the questions discussed during the podcast:
- How did WTD start?
- What was the original purpose of WTD and how did it evolve?
- Why the emphasis on diversity of roles and the word “documentarian”?
- How does open source inform the community’s dynamics?
- How do you give community members freedom to contribute in their own way while still installing the WTD values into their events?
- Does the idea of open source (namely, contributing back, sharing) provide long-term sustaining momentum for an almost entirely volunteer-run community?
- In what ways is WTD experimenting with new ideas and approaches?
- What trends do you see for WTD and the industry in the future?
For more information, see the following:
- Write the Docs
- Write the Docs Prague
- Write the Docs Portland
- Write the Docs origin story
- Write the Docs organizer guide
- Write the docs meetups
- Write the Docs newsletter and mailing lists